MONETIZING DATA SERVICES FOR MOBILE OPERATORS
Mahindra Comviva’s Smart Policy Control (PCRF) helps mobile network operators (MNOs) develop innovative strategies to monetize data, attract and retain customers, and efficiently manage network resources.
Contextual offers delivered over the lifecycle of the customer
Deepen engagement over the customer’s lifecycle
Smart Policy Control (PCRF) allows MNOs to develop and act on a strategy mapped to every customer’s unique service and usage lifecycle.
- Acquisition: Improve base of data customer on the network by offering a range of contextual affordable plans e.g. short-term passes or application based plans.
- Adoption: Increase service adoption by leveraging context and personal packages, example 2G to 3G, personal add-ons, and multi-device offerings.
- Nurture: Leverage real-time context to increase uptake; for example, speed boosters, impulse packs.
- Grow: Deliver personalized services that enhance subscriber experience, such as application-based differentiation, group plans, parental control as well as value-added services such as anti-virus.
- Advocate: Reward customers for their loyalty by offering discounts or higher volumes, gift allowances.
Complete monetization framework
For rapid services innovation, integration between policy and charging rules function and IT elements is crucial. Mahindra Comviva’s Smart Policy Controller (PCRF) can be integrated with the following elements:
- Policy Enforcer: Smart Policy Controller (PCRF) integrates with third party as well as Mahindra Comviva’s Policy Enforcer for fast and cost-effective implementation of monetization scenarios, example enable users to purchase additional entitlements and have them charged and provisioned in real-time.
- Customer and Network Analytics: Uncovering unique data consumption patterns of users, through traffic tracking and analytics is critical to creation of contextual service packages that meet user needs, increase loyalty and add new revenue streams. Smart Policy Controller (PCRF) can interface with third party or Mahindra Comviva’s analytics solutions to obtain advanced insights into customer’s preferences as well as real-time network insights to refine decision-making and develop consumer-centric propositions.
- Data Recharge Portal: A proliferation of plans creates associate complexities of service discovery for customers. CSPs can optionally deploy Mahindra Comviva’s Data Recharge Portal, an in-browsing marketing channel to notify, recommend and up-sell and cross-sell products to customers.